The webinar series for Native American tribes, government officials and renewable energy developers returns Jan. 28, 2015, with a new schedule covering the many aspects of developing energy efficiency and renewable energy projects.
Now in its third year, the Tribal Renewable Energy Webinar series is a cooperative production by Western, the Tribal Energy Program and the Office of Indian Energy. Knowledge to Energy: The Path to Projects builds on the material presented in the previous years’ webinars, as well as experiences from projects being developed in Indian Country.
“The planning committee worked closely with many stakeholders to identify and prioritize potential topics for the 2015 webinar series,” said Western Renewable Program Manager Randy Manion. “We then analyzed participant interest over the previous 24 months, considered past and current technical assistance activities in Indian Country, and made final determinations regarding highest value topics to include in the 2015 series.”
The result is a series that focuses on best practices, case studies, regulatory issues and business and financing models:
- Jan. 28 – Best Practices in Developing a Tribal Strategic Energy Plan
- Feb. 25 – Models for Tribal Energy Development Organizations
- March 25 – Tribal Energy Development Operation and Management Best Practices
- April 29 – Innovative Energy Efficiency, Renewable Energy, and Grid Technology Updates
- May 27 – Tribal Case Study Using Models and Tools for Evaluating Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Program and Project Opportunities
- June 24 – Regulatory Impacts on Indian Lands
- July 29 – Best Practices for Developing and Implementing a Request for Proposals
- Aug. 26 – Successful Tribal Renewable Energy Projects
- Sept. 30 – Effective Ways for Tribal Governments to Work with Utilities
- Oct. 28 – Advanced Financing Models
- Nov. 18 – Putting it all Together
The webinars are generally held on the last Wednesday of the month from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Mountain Time. Visit the Tribal Energy Program for more information and links to registration (required).