APPA is launching the APPA Academy, public power’s complete resource for professional education and certification. Through a variety of delivery methods—live, in-depth education courses, in-house training programs, conferences, webinars, list servers, online courses and work force development partnerships—the APPA Academy will help electric utility employees stay abreast of rapidly moving industry technologies and regulatory requirements while providing an opportunity for them to meet their yearly training goals and certification requirements in formats and price ranges that suit their needs.
In addition to providing utility employees with the knowledge they need to perform their jobs at the highest level, various education courses, in-house training, conferences, certificate programs and webinars in the APPA Academy meet the criteria for providing:
- CEcD Hours – needed by Certified Economic Developers to maintain certification;
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) – required by many professions to maintain certification;
- Continuing Legal Education credits (CLEs) – needed by lawyers to practice law within a particular jurisdiction;
- Continuing Professional Education credits (CPEs) – required by CPAs to maintain licensure;
- HCRI Hours – required by Human Resources professionals to maintain certification; and
- Professional Development Hours (PDHs) – needed by engineers to maintain licensure.
Additionally, when employees participate in APPA Academy offerings, utilities earn points toward their Reliable Public Power Provider (RP3) designation.