For utility program managers and customer service representatives, keeping up with the latest in program design, implementation and evaluation has become a constant challenge. A new continuing education series from the Association for Energy Services Professionals (AESP) can help them find time for professional development. The new webcast series explores topics like pilot programs, new technologies, changing customer behavior and distributed generation.
The on-demand format provides the convenience of a webinar, but with more depth on the subject matter. Participants can benefit from a customized agenda featuring multiple expert speakers and presentations. You can choose a convenient time and listen to all the presentations at once (3-4 hours) or split up over a couple of days. With AESP’s learning management system, you can pick up right where you left off, and even start over at any point. And, when you pay for a webcast, it is available to you for a full year.
AESP presented the first webcast in the series, All About Pilots – Program Design, Best Practices & Results, on May 15. The three-hour webcast features nine different presentations and 11 speakers covering the essentials of designing and implementing pilots including:
- Key considerations in program design
- Pitfalls to avoid
- Previews of new concepts currently being piloted, including a Zero Net Energy home pilot, a demand management pilot, geotargeting for the agricultural market pilot, and an in-house Ecoconcierge pilot
- Challenges faced and how to overcome them
All About Pilots is available now, however the Q&A board closes after two weeks after the webcast. Upcoming webcasts will focus on:
- Emerging Technologies, coming in July
- Behavior Change, coming in September
- Distributed Energy Resources & Storage, coming in November
It is not necessary to be a member of AESP to use the webcast, but the cost is discounted for AESP members. If you have any questions, please contact the AESP E-Learning Center.
Source: Association for Energy Services Professionals, 5/15/17