The cities of Omaha and Lincoln are getting ready to launch a campaign to make their reEnergize program even more attractive to energy contractors and the homeowners who hire them.
This collaborative effort to build energy smart communities was launched with funding from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA). The cities are implementing a five-stage plan to complete energy evaluations on 180 commercial and nonprofit buildings, and make energy upgrades on 2,100 residences.
The reEnergize Program works with community partners to recruit, train, qualify and increase the number of skilled professional energy evaluators and energy upgrade contractors in the Omaha and Lincoln metropolitan areas. The new campaign aims to engage homeowners and provide reEnergize Qualified Upgrade contractors with access to the GEOSmart Long Term Financing Program. Once enrolled in the GEOSmart program, contractors will be able to offer customers a special 5.99 percent financing promotion for measures that qualify for the reEnergize program. Qualifying measures include:
- Adding or improving insulation
- Maintaining or replacing furnace
- Stopping leaks and drafts
- Installing efficient lighting
- Maintaining or replacing large appliances
To provide Omaha and Lincoln area contractors with more information about new opportunities and options, the reEnergize program is holding meetings March 14, 1:00 p.m., at the following central locations:
Omaha City Hall,
7th Floor Conference Room
1819 Farnam Street
Omaha, NE 68183
Lincoln City County Building,
Mayor’s Office Conference Room, Suite 301
555 S. 10th Street
Lincoln, NE 68508
The presentations will cover:
- reEnergize contracting opportunities & promotional materials
- Options for screened contractors to list third-party qualifications
- Opportunities to become a Qualified reEnergize Upgrade Contractor, get pre-screened as an EGIA GEOSmart Authorized Contractor and save the usual $250 annual membership fee (a $500 savings through 2013)
- Cross-promotion activities leveraging the reEnergize Program with current clients
REGISTER to attend the meeting in person, join the meeting online or request a recording following the meeting.
To learn more about how this program is creating an energy-savvy workforce in Omaha and Lincoln are working together to improve the efficiency of their buildings, contact reEnergize toll free at 877-402-5111. If your utility is interested in contractor training webinars, contact your Energy Services Representative.