The Peak Load Management Alliance (PLMA) is now accepting nominations of the best demand response programs and practices offered in calendar year 2013 for its 11th Annual PLMA Award Program. Deadline for submittals is Feb. 28, 2014. The awards will be presented at the 15th PLMA Spring Conference set for April 15-16, 2014 in Denver, Colo.
The PLMA Award Program recognizes leaders in the energy industry who create innovative methods to meet peak load needs, mitigate price risks and manage variable generation. Demand response has grown from simply reducing peak loads to balancing supply and demand for increased efficiency and reliability of a smarter grid. As the percentage of renewable energy in our electricity supply grows, demand response and other methods for balancing intermittent power loads are becoming even more important.
“There were a lot of innovative and creative demand response programs being operated during the year 2013,” said Greg Wikler, Director of Regulatory Affairs, EnerNOC and PLMA Awards Committee chair. “This awards program is a way to recognize and highlight the best of these programs.” Nominations are being sought for award in these categories:
- Innovative application of demand response technology
- Innovative demand response program design
- Outstanding demand response customer
- Outstanding independent system operator/regional transmission operator demand response program
- Outstanding utility/marketer demand response program
- Outstanding individual contribution demand response
The awards will be presented based on the following criteria (where appropriate):
- Value of demand or energy reductions during peak periods
- Program clarity, flexibility and ease of participation
- Program management
- Innovative use of technology
- Customer performance/satisfaction/awareness
- Cost effectiveness
- Long-term viability
Nominations are accepted from all industry professionals, regardless of whether they are PLMA member organizations. To submit a nomination, download the nomination form and complete and upload it at the PLMA website.
And while you are at it, share your success story with Energy Services Bulletin.