Deadline: March 16
The Advisory Committee is now accepting session proposals for the 12th Rocky Mountain Utility Exchange. Presentations that address this year’s theme, “United We Understand,” as it relates to utility end-users will receive preference. The theme leverages concepts from the recent Shelton Group EcoPulse Report.
This is your opportunity to share your experiences collaborating with other utilities and other departments within your own utility to achieve greater impacts in residential, commercial and industrial end-use applications through a customer-oriented approach.
The event will explore case study best practices and lessons learned about customer-facing programs related to energy (gas and water) efficiency, strategy, issues and integration with renewable energy, demand response and more.
Special consideration will be given to presentations that highlight:
- Consumer engagement and unifying messages
- Gas, electric and/or water utility programs cooperating across departments or service territories to improve the customer experience
- New energy-efficiency and demand management technology, storage and electric vehicles
- Energy-efficiency and renewables programs collaborating with local and regional efforts on carbon action or greenhouse gas goals
- Strategic on-site energy and distribution system management
The conference provides general and breakout session interaction as well as networking opportunities. Proposed presentation formats may include:
- General or breakout sessions up to 20 minutes long with Q&A
- Snapshot panel talks of up to five minutes
- Poster discussions during the Wednesday evening reception
- Friday morning workshops or round table discussions two to four hours in length
The Rocky Mountain Utility Exchange is an intimate forum for networking and professional development that takes place at Aspen Meadows Resort in Aspen, Colorado. Around 150 utility and government organization staff and trade allies attend, giving everyone the chance to learn about utility customer programs and services, and products to support them. This year’s event is scheduled for Sept. 19-21.
For professionals who have not previously attended the RMUE, a limited number of scholarships are available. See the FAQ sheet for details and to download an application.