Helping people reduce energy use and improve their bottom line is challenging and rewarding—and a little bit daunting to anyone who is new to the field. The Association of Energy Services Professionals (AESP) Summer Conference on program implementation and evaluation is a great place to get up to speed by learning from the veterans.
Join your colleagues in San Francisco, Aug. 4-6, to learn about planning utility programs and integrating evaluation and implementation to achieve better outcomes. Energy services experts will be sharing their experiences, results and, most importantly, lessons learned on the road to success.
To encourage new energy services professionals to attend the event, AESP is offering four New Professionals Scholarships covering conference registration. Eligible scholarship applicants will have one to three years of energy-efficiency, demand response or smart grid experience; and must be full-time employees of:
- Electric or natural gas utilities
- Public power utilities
- Regulatory or non-profit entities
- Public benefit groups
- Consulting firms
Your supervisor must approve conference attendance, and recipients will be responsible of their own travel and lodging.
If you meet those qualifications, apply today by sending the following information to AESP:
- Give three reasons why you would like to attend the conference.
- State what you plan to accomplish and learn from this conference.
- Name three takeaways you would like to have from this conference.
- Certify that your supervisor will allow travel time to this conference (include his/her name and contact information).
- Include your phone number and email so AESP can contact you, if selected.
- BONUS: If you have extra time at the conference (it’s a packed agenda!), state what you would like to do in San Francisco.
Deadline for application is June 30, 2014. Scholarship awards will be made by July 2, and acceptance must be confirmed no later than July 8.