Calling national attention to exemplary leadership in response to climate change, the Climate Leadership Awards program is seeking its 2013 crop of corporate, organization and individual leaders. Officially opening its application period, the Environmental Protection Agency and its partners, The Climate Registry , the Center for Climate and Energy Solutions , and the Association of Climate Change Officers , are now accepting applications for 2013 awards through Oct. 12, 2012.
Climate Leadership Award winners will be publicly honored in early 2013 at an awards gala in conjunction with the Climate Leadership Conference in Washington, DC. Awards criteria have been updated to recognize leadership in the following categories:
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Setting Certificate) – Recognizes organizations that publicly report and verify corporate GHG inventories and publicly set aggressive GHG emissions reduction goals.
- Excellence in Greenhouse Gas Management (Goal Achievement Award) – Recognizes organizations that publicly report and verify corporate GHG inventories and achieve aggressive GHG emissions reduction goals.
- Supply Chain Leadership Award – Recognizes organizations that have their own comprehensive GHG inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals and can demonstrate they are at the leading edge of managing GHGs in their organization’s supply chains.
- Organizational Leadership Award – Recognizes organizations that not only have their own comprehensive GHG inventories and aggressive emissions reduction goals, but also exemplify leadership both in their internal response to climate change and through engagement of their peers, competitors, partners and supply chain.
- Individual Leadership Award – Recognizes individuals exemplifying extraordinary leadership in leading their organizations’ response to climate change and/or affecting the responses of other organizations.
Questions? Contact the Awards program!